So you’ve come here because you want to learn how to get back with your ex. The first thing that I want you to know is that yes, it is possible, regardless of what’s taken place in the past. There is still a very high chance that if you do and say the right things, you’ll have success. I want to help increase your chances exponentially.
This article will go over the basics with you of how to get back with your ex, though I’d recommend checking out one of the more substantial guides reviewed on this site for a more thorough set of information. That said, these ten strategies will definitely give you a push in the right direction.
Remember, this is not necessarily going to be an easy journey for you. But remember: what truly worthwhile things in life come easy?
10 Strategies for How to Get Back With Your Ex
1. I understand fully that breaking up with someone can be a very emotionally draining experience. However, it is very important that you take control of your emotions. Remember, let your head lead rather than your heart. Rejection sucks, and no one likes to admit that a relationship has failed, even if it’s only temporary. So try to keep a clear head, and keep your emotions in check. You’re going to need that clear head when learning how to get back with your ex.
2. You need to figure out whether you REALLY want to learn how to get back with your ex boyfriend or girlfriend. Whether it’s actually worthwhile. Take out a pen and paper, and write down all of the reasons why would want to get back with your ex. Then write down reasons why this wouldn’t necessarily be a good idea. Take the two lists side-by-side and compare them. You might find that the negatives outweigh the positives, and that maybe you don’t actually need your ex back in your life. If you do find that you want to learn how to get back at your ex, then continue!
3. Don’t be needy. Don’t be clingy. Your ex is not going to appreciate it at all. In fact, they’re likely to want to fight against it. All you’re going to do is drive them further away by smothering them with emotions that they don’t want. Not to mention it’s going to lower your self-esteem.
4. With that in mind, don’t call them on the phone just to hear their voice. I know it’s tempting, but just resist the urge. Don’t send them a bunch of text messages, “accidentally” bump into them on the street, don’t use your friends to help sway your ex’s thoughts. No stalker behavior. That is not how to get back with your ex.
5. Don’t let your struggles with how to get back with your ex affect the other areas of your life negatively. If things spill into your social and professional life, it’s going to be bad news. I know, things are already pretty bad, but there’s no reason to make them worse by hurting your job performance and friendships. That’s not to say that you can’t confide in people for support, but don’t let your struggles overtake you.
6. In learning how to get back with your ex, you’ll want to figure out exactly why your relationship went south in the first place. Once you figure this out, it will be much easier for you to come upon a solution. Maybe it was some mistakes that you made that caused (or at least partially caused) this break up, and maybe it’s possible for you to set things right. Bear in mind that if you do decide to apologize to your ex, it should be completely and totally sincere. If your ex realizes that you are lying as a means of getting the relationship back on track, they will have no reason to trust you going forward.
8. Keep living your life. Seriously, don’t just sit around the house waiting for them to call. Go out, meet new people, do things with your friends, join an evening class, whatever. Just move on with your life. This is crucial in learning how to get back with your ex. This might be difficult for you, but it’s important to force yourself to get out of the house. Sports and exercise are especially good, since they’ll produce endorphins which give you happiness, and also make you fitter!
9. Work on your look. That means getting new clothes, a new haircut, new shoes, whatever. Go lose some weight, go gain some muscle, keep yourself healthy. Work on yourself, and be able to feel better about yourself. What you want to do is increase your confidence and make yourself more self-assured. Your ex will be more likely to desire you, feel attracted to you, and ultimately want to get back together. This is how to get back with your ex…
10. Remember this when learning how to get back with your ex: There is no one-size-fits-all set of advice. While I can do my best to give you general info, it’s still very likely that you’ll make a lot of mistakes. Fortunately, there are things that you can do to alleviate the chance that you’ll make these mistakes. I would recommend reading up on the subject as much as you can before making any dramatic moves. Check out the reviews on this site on how to get back with your ex– that’s probably your best chance at success.